Sunday 6 September 2020

Relive your Childhood Memories - By Manasa

Childhood is something which everyone goes through in their lives where some memories bring smile to your face, be comical, be unforgettable and some might be emotionally connected which defines a part of your past. This is my first shot at blogging and I totally wanted to revisit my Childhood which I hope would bring back some of your memories from your earlier days as well! :)



Everything used to be so different when we were kids, the trees used to be taller, the colors used to be brighter and the moon used to travel alongside us whether we walk or run or travel!

Those lovely instant moments of sheer happiness when our taste buds get to experience every bite of the chocolate we eat, getting balloons on our way back home from school, buying chewing gums only to get those tattoos/stickers and the most important thing of all,where we used to enjoy each and every small things that come in our way which gets etched in our memories for a long long time.

  


When I was a kid, I always had this habit of falling somewhere and getting wounded and I guess most of you would've had some unforgettable memories experiencing a pain when an antiseptic is applied. I still remember an incident where I actually met with a "Cycle Accident". Sounds crazy right? And the next moment I opened my eyes, I was lying in my bed at home with my mom sitting right beside me. And the funniest part of all these was that , every time when such an incident happens, my sister always used to be in the receiving end from my mom.

My mom was not the only person whom my sis used to get bashing because of me. During the school assembly lines, I always used to stand with my sister in her class row and because of that my sister used to get "scoldings" from her teacher as well!!

I would also like to recollect one more of this "injury" incident where I tried to jump and cross a drainage canal as a part of a self-challenge and of course you guys can guess what would've happened next. I was inside the canal with teary eyes and yes, the first aid pattern from my mom followed after that and not to forget, my sister was the scapegoat again. And further I believe that I contributed a lot to the business of antiseptic sales those days!! 

 

Now,like all the other kids, I've always had a doubt in my childhood that while walking, why does the sun/moon follow me wherever I go. And yes, on one fine day, when i was looking up at the big ball of fire, I slipped and got injured! Duhhhh!!!!

As a 90's kid on Sundays I use to watch "Panchathantram" (the favourite puppet show of many during those days) and I also used to love and watch every series of "Power Rangers" for which I'm still a huge fan! And as most of the siblings do, I always used to have these physical fights for TV Remote which always ended up in me hiding it in a secured place and the rest of the day would go with my sis desperately trying her best to find it :P

 

During most of these fights, she would chase me inside the house and knowing that I have a fear of dark rooms (which I still do unfortunately), she would chase me to a room and lock me up till I scream out in tears which would annoy my mom even further. ๐Ÿ˜‚

There was also an instance when I was in my 3rd Grade, where I realized that I cant stand at hearing negative things about a person whom I really care about. Once,a boy who was my classmate back then, had fought with my sister had resulted in my sis getting hurt and ending up crying. I couldn't hold back my anger and I just walked straight up to the guy and gave him a huge kick to his belly. Ever since then, the guy did not even dare to come near my sis. 

And now, I'm sure most of you had done this. I used to have this habit of sticking tattoos/stickers almost in every place around me especially households and cupboards which my mom totally hates!!I've been crazy about it such that I used to stick it up in higher places in the cupboards in such a way that it ain't easily visible.

Who doesn't love weekends? Although there used to be this happiness that we don't have to wake up early and go to school, there still lies a tinge of disappointment as most of the day goes off in scribbling all those so called "homework" stuffs. When I think of Sundays, the first thing that I remember is the fragrance of "Clinic Plus Shampoo" where usually that's the only day of the week where I go in for a head bath!! :P

Now how can I forget the delicious butter chicken that my mom cooks. Apart from Chocolates, the childhood food that instantly hits my mind is Butter Chicken . During Summer Holidays, the other thing which I can remember is my Mom giving me a bowl of green grapes while watching TV. That feeling of having grapes under a breezy fan at home during a hot summer was truly a relief from the heat wave.

 


I used to be always in awe of my sister when she used to help my mom in the kitchen. One such instance was when she was cutting tomatoes and I always used to wonder how she was able to cut it so fast in a specific position without getting a cut on her hand. Although I know now that its a normal thing, but whenever I cut something, I always remember my sister. 

During my times in Abhyasa International Residential School where me and sis studied, my mom used to visit us during every alternate sundays which used to be a Parent's visit. I still remember my times where we used to wait for her at the entrance where a security guard used to be there with a Scooby Doo kind of a dog. My Mom always carries that huge handbag where she used to bring some yummy Non Veg food and we would sit under a Mango Tree at School and there was no better feeling those times than my mom feeding me food. On one instance, she got me and my sis a new pair of traditional dress (a pink top and a dark green bottom) which we call "PattuPavada" in South India.

During Childhood, I'm sure most of us wouldn't have been content with what we have and we always used to envy what other kids have in their belongings. One such thing that I remember was a pair of skating shoes which everyone used to have at school and ultimately I shed huge amount of tears to persuade my mom to get me one as well. But when days passed, I forgot about that.

There used to be two groups in our school - Red (Shakthi) and Blue (Shiva). I was drafted into red house and coincidentally my favorite color at that time was red whereas my sister landed up at blue house.Any guesses on her favorite color!!!?? You won't believe, her favorite was "pear green". She always used to select that color as a choice for her outfits wherever she goes as she was extremely crazy for that color. 

Coming back to academics at school, I was not a smart child at all and I was always at the receiving end from my teachers and there always used to be red inks on my books and answer papers whereas my close friends used to get 10/10 always. But anyways since red was my favorite color, I never really bothered about them. I never understood Math, never maintained proper notes for any subject and I always had this problem of understanding a particular question during exams. And you won't believe what I'm gonna say now, My teacher once locked me in a dark room coz i didn't study well!! Like Seriously!!???

 

One fine day, my teacher taught me how to calculate time by looking at a clock and ever since that incident, I always used to stand outside the office room and just stare at the clock closely monitoring the minutes and hours needles to calculate time!!

Every morning, we used to wake up at 4 30 am and go out for jogging where I always had a trouble of tying my shoelaces and always used to take help of my friends. The best part of returning from jogging is that they always used to offer us "Sabudhana Java" which was totally my favourite (and still is..). The Yoga classes back then used to be so much fun and at the same time used to bring peace.

We had this campfire thing every Saturday where we had an opportunity to showcase our talent. And just like anyone, I used to have a crush on a guy whom I always used to stalk and when I think of that now, the blush still doesn't leave my face. And as stated earlier, injuries were always a part of my routine where when i tried to ignite a spark. I guess I'm just another synonym of injuries and wounds.




As months passed on, I studied in Kerala and yet I found it really tough to learn and write Malayalam and when I moved to Hyderabad, it was like Unlearning and Learning where I had to totally start from the scratch. I started learning Telugu after coming here, but unlike malayalam, I really didn't find it tough to learn. And my studies too improved as i started getting good grades which resulted in me getting a grade of 9.2/10 in my Class 10 boards.

But throughout my Childhood, I was never clear in life what I exactly wanted in my life or which path I had to take. I still believe that I haven't found my path yet and on the course of finding it. But I do know which path I must take and how I really would want everything to be.

I felt really happy while writing all these as this brought in a lot of happy memories and gave me a chance to revisit Childhood. Now that we are in our late twenties, I always feel that no matter how much old we grow, some of our childhood habits should always remain with us in order to carry that happy momentum forward. 

This is my first blog and hope you guys liked and evoked some of your childhood memories. Amidst this fast moving world, this definitely brought me a much needed relief to think about my Childhood.

26 comments:

  1. Superb....my group is also red btw..connected to my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww simply outstanding, it creates lots of connectivity towards past life which reminds mine too, Inspiring da and excellent to connect each lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing ๐Ÿ‘, Childhood is an unforgettable time and full of memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written and I hope you come forward with more creative blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Childhood is always special for everyone ... glad you shared your childhood with us .... miss u kriti ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connected to the core.. good old days ..brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Childhood is the most beautiful of all life’s seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one. Childhood is always special for most of them. You have crafted it very well. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog dear ๐Ÿค— .... Keep us d great work... Refreshed all childhood memories and brought up smile nd blush while reading it❣️ ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate 95% of ur stuff and in a dark room seriously! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚. Great share dude. I can picture it in my mind. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Keep writing.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing write-up.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘
    I am sure that childhood is one of the happiest periods in a person’s life. I just gone back to my childhood memories after reading this blog. Like power rangers, panchachantram, injurious, chewing gum, tattoos moon & sun, Scary memories, drainage canal jump,(athletic talent) etc so many funny memories that still makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it's really suberbbb blog dude n ....keep going forward ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค✌️✌️✌️

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could relate to this ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ you took me to a short time travel ๐Ÿ˜œ keep going Manasa, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. NYC Manu ❤keep going bae✌✌��

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always challenger faces lots of challenges so journey of your life truly inspires Not only but all the people who love you, keep up the Minds eye of your Evocation.๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ truly inspiring ,, looking forward ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent way to start off your journey in the blogging world Manu!! :) Can't believe this is your first blog and I totally loved it.. This instantly brought back a lot of Childhood memories back and I really could relate to a lottt of things that you've written. Well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks manu for taking me to my childhood with this blog. I relate a lot to this blog, ofcourse all 90's kids can relate to your blog I guess๐Ÿ˜„

    Recollection of our fun days Or crazy experiences..๐Ÿ˜‚the moving moon and sun, one day I was travelling in a bus from our native to hyd and sat near window seat and I wondered that sun is following me and how that can be possible, I used think why he isn't tired after following me all the long way๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

    Me n my sis used lock from brother in dark room and used to scream as devils๐Ÿคฃ

    Assembly๐Ÿ˜, walkways from school to home๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜ Sunday tv shows๐Ÿค— power Rangers(that blablades๐Ÿ˜…), panchathantra and also shaktiman๐Ÿ˜

    Chocolates licking, We used have as silk chocolates from childhood which is introduced recently๐Ÿ˜‚

    The chewing gum tatoos we used to stick and there was a roomer that time, if you stick tatoos on your skin lizards will bite in the nights๐Ÿคฃ


    Seriously we had a great great time during our childhood....


    Beautifully written manu, loved it❤

    Keep going and cherish all the beautiful things.

    You made my sunday, so freshing☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Good old days ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜. Keep writing Manasa ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mansi, itz really interesting to read ... You have taken me through childhood memories and i could relate most of the things..like your sis i used to lock my brother inside dark room..keep writing mansi..will there to support you.♥️

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful Share.childhood is a gift....Thank you for sharing your memories,its quite interesting To read.very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow those days were really great I wish I could experience them again ,even remembering them feels really refreshing n brings a smile on my face.thamks alot for sharing your memories with me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful info with us... it feels like I have relieved my childhood again! It is so appreciated!!!” “You have good humor in your blogs. So much fun and easy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing write-up! Thank you ��

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very well written!! I was able to relate to most of the things especially the Power Rangers & those chewing gums stickers.

    ReplyDelete

Find peace in a piece of you.

All my bad memories are gone. But why…. why can’t I become happy? Then the witch took his soul as they had promised and told him this...&quo...